Tomatoe-basil soup

Tomatoe-basil soup

From an astronomical point of view, the summer will continue until 22 September. But if you look out the window, autumn is already here. For a few days it has been cold and rainy in Vienna. I am a summer person and I really hoped that we will still have a few warm days. But it does not look like this at the moment. As the weather was cold, I cooked a hot soup on the weekend.

In the summer, I was invited to the opening of the new SUPPITO Rochuspark and we tried out the delicious SUPPITO range of products. I immediately fell in love with the tomato basil soup, that tastes so good warm or cold. And I wanted to cook it now. I did not have a recipe, so I improvised. Unfortunately, my tomatoes were not ripe enough, so I had to add some coconut milk to the soup to make it eatable. But the result was so delicious that the tomato basil soup made it right on the blog.

If you want to cook the soup, I advise you to try it first and then add the coconut milk. If your tomatoes are ripe, it is perhaps no longer necessary to add the coconut milk. I don’t want that the soup tastes too sweet.

You need:

  • 600 g tomatoes
  • 2 shallots
  • 3 stalks of basil
  • olive oil
  • 50 ml coconut milk
  • salt
  • pepper

Servings: 2
Preparation time: 40 minutes

This is how we proceed:
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Wash tomatoes and quarters or cut in eight. Peel and quarter shallots. Wash basil.
  3. Put tomatoes, shallots and 2 basil stalks on a baking tray and sprinkle plenty of olive oil over it. Roast for 30 minutes in an oven.
  4. Then add everything (vegetables and liquid) in a blender and puree.
  5. Add coconut milk if necessary.
  6. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into plates, garnish with coconut milk and basil and serve immediately.

Tomatoe-basil soup

No comments