Almond milk

Almond milk

As you know I am not a vegan. Nor a vegetarian. But I like to try out new recipes. Also vegan recipes. When it comes to cooking, I have no problems…I find it very easy to cook vegan. But when it comes to baking…this is another story. But I don’t give up. My biggest problem is replacing eggs. The other ingredients I can replace without problem: instead of butter I take margarine or oil. Instead of honey I take maple syrup. And instead of milk I take almond milk. So I decided to make almond milk. One can buy it in the shops to buy I have a problem: one can always buy 1 liter. But often I need much less. And before I buy too much, I prepare it myself. The almond milk is easy to prepare...you only need almonds and water. You can read below how you can make almond milk.


You need:

  • 200 g whole almond with skin
  • 800 ml of water

Almonds


This is how to proceed:

  1. Put almonds in a bowl and fill with hot water so that the almonds are covered with the water. Leave to soak for at least 8 hours.
  2. After the 8 hours (or more) pour the water, place the almonds into a sieve and rinse them thoroughly.
  3. Add almonds with 800 ml of cold water in a standing mixer. Mix until no more pieces can be seen.
  4. Strain the almond milk through a cloth strainer / kitchen towel.
  5. You can keep the almond milk in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
  6.  
     
Almond milk
Almond milk

No comments