Beetroot-mozzarella-tomato salad


I love beetroot and I am happy every time it has season. I like to eat it in soups, risotto, salads or even in cakes (yes, you read that correctly...recipe will follow). This time I decided to use the beetroot again in a salad. I bought fresh beetroot and cooked them myself, but you can buy the pre-cooked ones. I like very much the salad (well... it contains everything I like, I did not expect something else) and today I want to share the recipe with you.



For 2 servings you need:


250 g mozzarella
olive oil
1-2 beetroot, cooked
cherry tomatoes
1 handful rocket salad
sea salt
balsamic vinegar


This is how we proceed:

Cut mozzarella into slices and transfer to plates. Drizzle with some olive oil. Cut beetroot into wedges (wear gloves, otherwise your hands will be red) and distribute over the mozzarella. Halve or quarter cherry tomatoes (I used red and yellow ones) and distribute on the plates. Wash and dry rocket salad and distribute on the plates.

Beetroot-mozzarella-tomato salad

Sprinkle balsamic vinegar over the salad, season with sea salt and enjoy.

Beetroot-mozzarella-tomato salad
Beetroot-mozzarella-tomato salad

Lately I am working more on my food photography and food styling and so I thought I show you a "behind the scenes" photo.
BTS - Beetroot-mozzarella-tomato salad

No comments