Fast spelt bread with grains



Some time ago I bought an enamel loaf pan from Tchibo. Somehow, I lost one of my loaf pans and I needed a new one. So when I saw the one from Tchibo I had to buy it. I like enamel dishes, this was pretty and practical. The loaf pan came also with some recipes but I found only one interesting. Exactly, it was the recipe for the fast spelt bread. I've changed the recipe a bit and this has come out.


You need:

650 g spelt wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
1 cube (42 g) fresh yeast
450-500 ml lukewarm water
150 g grains (sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds

Preparation time: 5 min
Baking time: 50 min

This is how we proceed:

Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease form with butter.

Add flour and salt to a bowl. Crumble the yeast and spread on the flour. Slowly add the water while kneading until you get a smooth dough. Fold in grains and seeds. Fill the dough into the mold.



Bake on the middle rail for 50 minutes.




What I like about this recipe is that the dough does not have to rest. I will bake this bread now more often as it tastes great.

No comments