Hasselback potatoes

Hasselback potatoes

My dear readers, I returned home. Thailand was wonderful...I would have loved to stay there longer. It was so gorgeous there. Sun, beach and the sea...this is all I need to be happy! And the food...I loved the food. But after 2 weeks of Thai food you get the desire to eat something European. Curries and Co are really fine...but after a while you want to eat a pizza, a burger or a normal soup. When I was back home the first thing that I baked were these hasselback potatoes. I choose to bake this dish because I had all the ingredients at home and I did not have to go shopping. And it is also an easy dish.


You need:

potatoes
4-5 garlic cloves
1-2 branches of rosemary
chili
3 tbsp olive oil
salt

ingredients hasselback potatoes

This is how we proceed:

Preheat oven at 200°C.

Wash unpeeled potatoes very well. Slice straight down into the potato, but stop just short of cutting all the way through.

Peel and mince the garlic. Mix garlic with rosemary, some chili, salt and olive oil. Brush the potatoes with this mixture.

Hasselback potatoes before the baking

Bake the potatoes in the hot oven for about 45 minutes. Every 15 minutes brush the potatoes with more chili oil.

Hasselback potatoes fresh from the oven

Arrange on plates and serve.

Hasselback potatoes
Hasselback potatoes

No comments