Peanut butter bookies

Peanut butter bookies

Do you know what I’ve noticed? That I have not published a cookie recipe for ages. Well, I have not baked cookies for ages. I wonder why. I like cookies and they are easy and fast to make. I'm now sorting out my cookbooks. That means I look at the books and when I realize that no recipe appeals to me, I sort it out. And while I looked through the book "Cook's bible - baking" I came across the recipe for peanut butter cookies. Since I have an open peanut butter jar in the house (and I did not know what to do with it), I spontaneously decided to bake the peanut butter cookies. That was a good decision, because the cookies taste incredibly good. Here is the recipe...if you want to bake some too.


You need:

  • 120 g butter, room temperature
  • 120 g peanut butter
  • 120 g of brown raw cane sugar
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 95 g wheat flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 120 g of oatmeal

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
Results: 16-20 pieces

This is how we proceed:

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cover baking tray with baking paper.
  2. Put the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and stir. Add sugar and stir. Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
  3. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and sift. Add oatmeal and process everything into a dough.
  4. With the help of a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough and place on the baking tray. Press lightly flat. There should be enough space between the biscuits because they grow.
  5. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, then let cool completely.

Peanut butter bookies
Peanut butter bookies

No comments