Cauliflower-romanesco soup

Cauliflower-romanesco soup

99% of the time I cook after recipes. Of course I always change something. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Developing recipes is not my strength. Respectively I'm too lazy to do that. But this has changed with this soup. I was in the supermarket to buy broccoli...I wanted to cook a broccoli soup. But then I saw a bowl with cauliflower and romanesco. Without thinking, I bought them. Not because I like cauliflower so good, no, it was rather because of the romanesco. I have never eaten it before, but I found it is a super food model. Sounds a bit crazy, I know. Now that I had bought and photographed it I had to cook it. So I decided to cook a soup. I did not have any recipe so I used what I had home. The soup tastes delicious, so the recipe made it on the blog.

Romanesco


You need:

bundle of soup vegetables
1 small cauliflower
1 small romanesco
3 tbsp oil
600 ml of water
salt
pepper


Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2-3

This is how we proceed:

Wash the vegetables, cauliflower and romanesco and cut into coarse pieces. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the vegetables and steam for 5 minutes. Then add 600 ml of water and simmer for 30 minutes at medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Puree everything. Put in bowl and serve.

Cauliflower-romanesco soup

No comments