Pavlova with nectarines and kiwi

Pavlova with nectarines and kiwi

Lately, I'm quite unorganized about the blog. Not that I am an organized person or that I have a plan which I follow. No not that. But I have always prepare 2-3 posts prepared, so I don’t have time problems. But since my holiday this changed. Either the time is missing or I am not in the mood to work on new posts. And so it happens that the days pass and I have not prepared anything new for the blog. My last posts were spontaneous – I knew I “have to” publish something new…than I asked myself: what recipe should I publish next? Luckily, I still have some recipes that I have not yet blogged...but this will change in the near future... can you imagine that I haven’t been cooking for almost two months? Yes, a few things I cooked, these were also blogged. But I haven’t baked a cake or cook a main dish in a while. I must change this too. Today I knew it was time for a new post - but what? Then I noticed that I haven’t posted a dessert for a long time. So I looked into my dessert folders and I knew what to blog next. This pavlova with nectarines and kiwis waits now for 3 years to make it on the blog. Here is the recipe.


You need:

4 fresh egg whites
200 g + 3 tbsp of sugar
2 tsp starch
½ tsp. vinegar
3-4 nectarines
1 kiwi
juice of ½ lemon
200 g whipped cream


This is how we proceed:

Preheat oven to 130°C degrees. Whip egg whites stiff, then add 200 g of sugar. Beat until the sugar has dissolved and the mass shines. Stir in the vinegar and mix with a wooden spoon.

whipped egg whites

Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the egg mixture on the paper in a circle, forming a hollow in the middle. Raise the edge slightly with two tablespoons.

shape pavlova

Bake in the hot oven for about 80 minutes. Leave the pavlova to cool in the oven with the oven door slightly open.

Wash, halve, stone and cut into wedges the nectarines. Peel kiwi and slice. Caramelize 3 tbsp. sugar in a pan. Deglaze with lemon juice and simmer until the caramel has dissolved again. Stir in nectarine for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool down.

caramelize netarines

When pavlova has cooled down, place on a plate. Whip the cream stiffly and pour in the hallow. Spread the fruits over the cream and serve.

Nektarien-Kiwi-Pavlova
Pavovla with nectarines and kiwi

What about with you? Are you blogging after a plan or spontaneous? Are you preparing your posts in advance?

No comments