Brownie-rhubarb cheesecake

Brownie-rhubarb cheesecake

Hi. 2 weeks ago I received an email from Nina who works for the Philadelphia PR-agcency. Nina then told me that Philadelphia Austria search the Cake Stars, and asked me if I want to participate to this campaign. First, I did no want, but when I saw the price, and I decided to try my luck. Now you ask yourself why I change my mind. The first place in each category is a baking course with Lisl Wagner-Bacher. Now you understand why I had to take part at this event! Nina was so kind and sent me a packet that included a cake pan, ladyfingers, gelatin, a pattern and a small Philadelphia recipe book.




Urheber: Philadelphia

I've racked my brains and I was thinking what I should bake. I wanted something special ... but what? And then I had the idea to bake a Brownie-Rhubarb Cheesecake the idea. Why did I choose this? Because I love brownies, because it's rhubarb season, and because I was convinced that this combination had to taste well. So on Saturday I went shopping and then I started baking. The bottom and the cream were baked on Saturday and on Sunday the rhubarb compote. That because I always leave the Cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight. And this came out:

Brownie-rhubarb cheesecake

Ingredients

For the brownie base:
For the cream:
For the rhubarb compote:
120 g butter
1 package of gelatin
500 g rhubarb
20 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
300 g Philadelphia cream cheese
1 tsp jelly powder
150 g brown sugar
200 g yogurt
1 tsp corn flour
1 pinch of salt
1 package vanilla sugar

1 tsp vanilla sugar
6 tbsp sugar

2 eggs
½ lime

2 tbsp cacao powder
2 ripe bananas

140 g flour
200 g whipping cream




Preparation:

Brownie base:

Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees. Line a cake pan with parchment paper.

Place butter and chocolate in a bowl put on a pot of simmering water and melt while stirring. Let cool down a bit.


Add sugar, salt and vanilla sugar and stir in.


Add eggs and mix well.


Mix flour with cocoa, sieve and fold in.


Pour batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool.


Cream:

Dissolve gelatine in 100 ml water.

Mix cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla sugar and 3 tbsp sugar.


Squeeze the lime. Peel the banana. Puree the lime juice and the banana and stir half of the puree into the cream.


Heat gelatin on a water bath. Stir in the rest of banana puree and then stir in the cream cheese.


Beat the whipping cream until stiff and fold in.

Pour the cheese mixture into the cake pan and give for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.


Rhubarb compote:

Wash, clean and cut rhubarb into pieces.



Bring 250 ml of water and 3 tablespoons of sugar to boil. Cook rhubarb for about 2 minutes. Take out the rhubarb with a slotted spoon, place on a plate and put aside. Do not throw the liquid.

Mix corn flour, jelly powder and 2 tbsp of water and bind the rhubarb stock with it. Simmer the stock for about 1 minute and then let it cool down, stirring occasionally. Once the stock is only lukewarm, add the rhubarb pieces.



Take the cheesecake from the form. Spread the compote on the cake before serving.



Brownie-rhubarb cheesecake
Brownie-rhubarb cheesecake
Brownie-rhubarb cheesecake

Oh yes ... I was right! The combination tastes wonderfully!

No comments