Coca-Cola cake

Coca-Cola cake



Do you like Coca Cola? I don’t. No, it is not because I believe that Coke is unhealthy or that it dissolves teeth and bones. I just don’t like the taste. The same applies also to Fanta. In the past (this means, long, long time ago), I often drank cola but today I drink it only when there is no alternative. You wonder now why I am telling you all this? Although I'm not a Coke lover, I was quite curious when I saw a Coca-Cola cake recipe. And because I like to experiment and try new things out, I had to bake this cake.

Now you wonder if the Coca-Cola cake tastes good. The answer is YES...the cake tastes wonderful chocolaty, it is very moist...so I can only recommend it. I honestly don’t taste the cola. Here is the recipe!


We need:


For the batter:
For the glaze:
200 g flour
100 g icing sugar
200 g sugar
2 tbsp Coca-Cola
125 g butter
25 g butter
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp cacao
175 ml Coca-Cola

125 ml butter milk

1 egg

½ tsp baking powder

½ packet vanilla sugar




Coca-Cola cake ingredients


The ingredients are for a loaf pan (length 26 x width 12 x height 7)



What do we need to do:


Preheat oven to 170°C degrees.

Place flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix.

Heat in a pan 125 g butter, 2 tbsp cacao and 175 ml cola and bring to the boil. Set aside.




In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg, baking powder and vanilla sugar.



Pour the Coke-butter mixture over the flour mixture and mix. Add the buttermilk-egg mixture and mix everything well.



Grease the form with butter and dust with flour or cover with baking paper. Pour in batter and smooth the surface. Bake for 35-45 minutes.

before baking


For the glaze heat the icing sugar, cacao, cola and butter in a pan and stir until you get a smooth glaze. Pour the glaze on the hot cake and let it cool.



Cut cake into pieces and serve.

Coca-Cola cake


What about you? Do you like coke? Have you already eaten Coca-Cola cake? Did you like it?

And now I leave of you, because I will be spending today’s holiday outdoors. You should do the same.

No comments