Soul food: noodle soup

noodle soup

As you know from the last post, I laid in bed for a few days with the flu. I had no strength to cook something but to be honest I also did not have appetite. I had to force myself to eat something in order to be able to take the medication. When I had more strength I then cooked a noodle soup...which has always helped when I had the flu. And it really helped...now I'm fit again. For those who still lie in bed with the flu, here is the recipe.

You need:


3 carrots
1 parsley
¼ celery
2 potatoes
2 shallots or 1 small onion
2 tbsp oil
salt
pepper
soup noodles


This is how you proceed:


Wash, peel and cut into bite-sized pieces the carrots, parsley, celery and potatoes. Peel and halve the shallots/ onions. Heat oil in a pan and briefly fry the vegetables. Pour water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes over medium flame.

noodle soup in the making

Add the noodles and simmer for another minute. Remove from heat, pour soup into plates, garnish with some fresh parsley and serve.


noodle soup
noodle soup

Which is your secret weapon against the flu?

No comments