Eggplant-mozzarella-tower

Eggplant-mozzarella-tower


My dears. Today I share with you a recipe which I cooked the first time 3 years ago. I wanted to post the recipe then, but the photos were so bad that I did not want to publish them. The 2nd time I've cooked this dish, I forgot to take pictures...yes...that can happen...if you are very hungry :). Now I prepared the dish again and the photos are not bad either. So today I present to you the eggplant-mozzarella tower.

You need:


2-3 eggplants
1-2 tomatoes
200 g mozzarella
1-2 tbsp oil

ingredients



This is how you proceed:


Wash eggplants and tomatoes and cut into slices. Cut mozzarella also in slices. Preheat oven to 220°C degrees.


Season the eggplant with salt and let rest for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and dry with paper towels. Heat 1-2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the eggplants on both sides.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the eggplant slices on in. Spread all slices (eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella) with pesto and start building the tower - you start with the eggplant, then the tomato and then the mozzarella. The tower can consist of a layer, or you can do it the way I did it, and put a 2nd layer. To ensure that the tower will not fall, fix it with a toothpick.



The whole is then baked for 10 minutes. Arrange on plates and serve.

 Eggplant-mozzarella-tower
Eggplant-mozzarella-tower

No comments