Beetroot risotto

Beetroot risotto

Actually, it was planned that I share today the chestnut cake recipe with you. But in the meantime I made this beetroot risotto and I had to share the recipe with you. As you already know I love beetroot. I saw this recipe for beetroot risotto aboutv1 month ago and wanted to try it out right away. But then I did not have time to cook it: because of business travel, vacation and other things. Then…a few days I cooked the recipe...and I am thrilled. On the same evening I have written the post. This is something that does not happen so frequently. But I do not want to torture you any longer…here is the recipe for beetroot risotto.



For 2 servings you need:

150 g beetroot, precooked
1 garlic clove
½ onion
2 tbsp olive oil
150 g risotto rice
100 ml Rotwein/ 100 ml red wine
450 ml warm water
1 tbsp butter
25 g Parmesan, grated
50 ml cream, whipped
salt
pepper
fresh basil


Preparation time: 40 minutes


This is how we proceed:

Cut beetroot into small cubes. Peel garlic and onion and chop finely. In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté the onion. Add rice and sauté while stirring.

Cooking beetroot risotto

Add beeroot and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine and let it boil.

Cooking beetroot risotto

Gradually pour water so that the rice is just covered. While stirring, cook for about 20 minutes.

Cooking beetroot risotto

Stir butter and Parmesan into the rice and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the cream.

Cooking beetroot risotto

Arrange risotto on plates, garnish with basil and Parmesan. Serve immediately.

Beetroot risotto
Beetroot risotto

No comments