Chestnut puree


I'm not really a fan of chestnuts. I always eat1-2 and that’s it. But there is of a particular company that produces chocolates filled with chestnut puree. And these chocolates are addictive. I could eat a whole box. Therefore I bought chestnuts and made chestnuts puree. You can eat it like this, use it with pancakes, for pralines or to bake a cake. I did bake a cake. But before I show you the cake recipe, first you need to know how to make chestnut puree.


This is what you need:
500 g chestnuts
400 ml milk
1 tbsp butter
120 g sugar
1-2 tbsp rum

Preparation time: 60 minutes


This is how you proceed:

Carve the chestnuts with a sharp knife. In a saucepan bring water to a boil and let the chestnuts simmer for 20 minutes.

Cooking chestnuts

Drain the water and peel the chestnuts. In a pot bring milk and sugar to a boil and simmer chestnuts for another 20 minutes until they are tender.


Add cooked chestnuts together with the milk in a blender, add 1-2 tbsp of rum, add the butter, and puree everything. Let the chestnut cool down.

Chestnut puree
Chestnut puree

Do you like chestnuts?

No comments