Chestnut cake

Chestnut cake

I’ve made it!!! I've really made it!!! Now you ask yourself: what the heck is she talking about? Is she so happy that she baked a cake? No, I don’t mean that...I am happy that I did manage to post the recipe this year. I was firmly convinced that I will have to wait until next year. But I was wrong...and so the chestnut cake made it this year on the blog. Although I already have a plan what and when to post, from time to time other things come in between, so I cannot follow my plan. But frankly, most of the time I do not care...only when I plan to publish a recipe that need to be prepared with seasonal ingredients. That is why I am so happy that this time I managed to post the recipe in time :) I stop now…here is the recipe.


You need:


3 eggs
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp cacao
80 g butter, melted
1 pich of salt

Preparation time:15 minutes
Baking time: 50-60 minutes



This is how we proceed:

Preheat oven at 180 degrees.

Separate eggs. Beat egg whites together with a pinch of salt until stiff.

Give chestnut puree and egg yolks in a bowl and mix. Sieve cornflour and cacao. Add butter. Mix everything well. Gradually add egg whites and fold in.

Chestnut cake dough

Grease and flour a heat-resistant glass bowl. Pour the dough in the bowl and place it in a pot or a baking dish. Pour boiling water into the baking dish/ pot so that the water level is halfway up the sides of the bowl. Bake for 50-60 minutes.


Remove chestnut cake from the oven, let cool and place on a plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Chestnut cake
Chestnut cake

No comments