Ricotta pancakes

Ricotta Pancakes

I don’t know if I have said you this before, but I love pancakes. Whether we talk about the classic, thin pancakes or the American pancakes. I love them all. Therefore, I try often new recipes. The last time I made this Ricotta Pancakes. I have to say...I haven’t eaten for quite some time so airy, fluffy pancakes. The recipe is so simple that I cannot keep it only for myself.


You need:

1 cup (200g) ricotta cheese
2 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
¾ cup (180 ml) milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (150 g) wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt


This is how we proceed:

Place the ricotta, yolks, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix until there are no large lumps of ricotta.

Ricotta pancakes batter in the making
   
Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix until combined. You get a fairly thick batter.

Ricotta pancakes batter in the making
Place egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk by hand for 30 seconds until foamy (but not stiff). Fold the egg whites into the batter and mix until combined. You get a fairly thick batter.

Ricotta pancakes batter

Grease a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Using a spoon pour some dough and fry until small bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook on the other side until golden-brown.

Serve warm with maple syrup and strawberries.

Ricotta pancakes
Ricotta pancakes

No comments