Berries semolina soufflé

Berries semolina soufflé

I'm so glad that there are blog events. Because of them I'm motivated to publish recipes that slumber for a longer time in a file on my computer. I prepared this berries semolina soufflé last year. When I baked the berry cake I did not use all ingredients and I had to consume them as soon as possible. To be more precise, I had to consume the remaining berries and milk. At that time I wanted to prepare something sweet but without having to buy other stuff. And so I made these 4 servings of the berries semolina soufflé. In the meantime I made semolina soufflé often because it's quick and easy to make and it tastes delicious.


You need:

150 g berries (currant, blueberries and gooseberries)
2 tbsp sugar
375 ml milk
1 pinch salt
45 g semolina
30 g sugar
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 egg

+ some butter for greasing
powder sugar

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4

This is how you proceed:


Preheat oven at 200°C degrees.

Sort berries, wash, dry and mix with 2 tbsp sugar.
Mix semolina with sugar. Bring milk and the pinch of salt to a boil, that add the semolina-sugar mixture and cook while stirring (until you get a thick paste).

cooking semolina

Separate the egg and beat the egg white until stiff. Whisk egg yolks and stir into the semolina, then gently fold in the beaten egg white.


Fold in the berries.

Berries semolina soufflé before baking

Grease 4 small molds/ cups with butter. Distribute semolina into the molds and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy lukewarm. Optional you can sprinkle the soufflé with some powdered sugar.

Berries semolina soufflé
Berries semolina soufflé

No comments