Chia Pudding

Chia Pudding

I was torn apart if I should publish this recipe. When I started this blog, I planned to publish only recipes that I like. But with the chia pudding it’s not the case. I must confess I do not understand this hype around chia pudding and Super Foods in general. But that's another topic. Back to chia pudding. Chia pudding is praised everywhere...it is super healthy (might be), it's so good and it tastes delicious. Therefore, I had to try it. And I have...a year ago...and it had no taste. At that time I said ok, this is not for me, I don’t need to like everything.

Now you will ask yourself what determined me to try it again. I am now also on Instagram and there I see daily 100 images with chia pudding. And it always looks totally great and delicious. And all write the pudding tastes great. So I thought...ok, you need to try another recipe. The last time I only soaked the chia seeds in milk. So I looked at several recipes and read everywhere: use almond or coconut milk, add something to sweeten and pimp with fruit mousse. And I did that. But I still do not like it. The chia pudding is still slimy and I can not eat it.

Chia Pudding

You will certainly ask yourselves now why this recipe made in on the blog. There are 2 reasons. First, I just wanted to share with you my experience with the chia pudding and secondly there are many people who like chia pudding (including some of my friends… so I wanted to share with them this recipe.


You need:

5 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
300 ml almond-coconut milk
1 tbsp protein rice (optional)
3 apricots

Servings: 2
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 12 hours


ingredients chia pudding


This is how we proceed:

Add chia seeds, protein rice (optional), maple syrup and almond-coconut milk in a large and closable glass. Stir once. Let stand for 10 minutes and stir again well. By doing this you make sure that there are no lumps. Store in the refrigerator overnight.

The next day, wash and puree apricots. And now it's time to arrange our pudding. There are 2 methods: either you layer chia seeds and apricot puree in glasses or you mix chia seeds with the apricot puree and then put in glasses. Decorate with some of apricot puree, apricot pieces and fresh mint and serve.

Chia Pudding

I'm really curious if you like chia pudding. Have you ever tried it? Or have you been skeptical? Do you have tips on how to make the chia pudding edible?

PS: just now as I write this post I got an email from bloglovin: 10 Chia Pudding recipes that you definitely must try 😀

No comments