Beetroot cupcakes

Rote-Bete-Cupcakes


When I was at the beginning of the month at the supermarket, I discovered marzipan witch hats. I took them right away, because I knew they would be used for my Halloween series. It was more difficult for me to choose a cupcake recipe. I flip trough my cook books but I could not decide for one. Then I remembered the beetroot cake that I baked last year. The photos were so gruesome that the recipe did not make to the blog. And then I had the idea: why not make beetroot cupcakes? That's what I did and these beetroot Halloween cupcakes were created.

You need:




For the dough:
For the frosting
175 g of beetroot, peeled and pre-cooked
200 g double cream
2 tbsp of maple syrup         
3 tbsp icing sugar
100 g of dark chocolate     
3 tbsp icing sugar
60 g butter    

50 g brown sugar    

2 eggs           

70 g flour      

1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder        

1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder



This is how we procced:

Preheat oven to 180°C Grad.

Cut beetroots in pieces and puree. Add 2 tbsp maple syrup and mix.


beetroot puree

Give the chocolate and butter in a pot and melt at low temperature. Put aside.


melted chocolate

Beat eggs with sugar for 5 minutes until foamy. In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa and baking soda and mix.



Alternating, fold in the flour-cocoa mixture, the slightly cooled butter-chocolate mixture and the beetroot puree under the egg-sugar mixture.


Beetroot cupcakes batter

Grease a muffin tin and pour in the batter. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack. Remove cupcakes from the muffin tin and allow cooling.


Beetroot cupcakes before the baking

For the frosting mix together cream cheese, icing sugar and food colouring. Fill cream into a piping bag with a star tip and place in the refrigerator.

Top the cupcakes with the frosting. Place a witch hat on every cupcake.


Beetroot cupcakes
beetroot cupcakes

No comments