Pretzel buns

Pretzel buns

What do you do if you do not have bread in the house and you are too lazy to go buy some? Exactly, you bake one. This is what happened to me last Sunday. Actually I wanted to go shopping on Saturday, but then I decided to go out for lunch with some friends. I then planned to buy bread on Sunday, but I was too lazy to go out. And so I looked in one of my books to see what I can bake. The decision felt on these pretzel rolls - a simple and relatively fast recipe. Everything has worked well and today I share the recipe with you.


You need:

250 g flour, universal
20 g Germ, fresh
½ tsp sugar
150 ml of water, lukewarm
10 g butter, room temperature
1 liter of water
1 tsp of baking soda

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 40 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Results: 4 rolls


This is how we proceed:

Give flour in a bowl. Dissolve germ and sugar in 150 ml lukewarm water and add to the flour. Add salt and butter and knead all ingredients to a dough. On a floured working surface divide dough into 4 equal-sized pieces and shape into bread rolls. Cut an X with a sharp knife on the surface of the buns. Cover with a cloth and leave for 10 minutes.

Shape pretzel buns

Dissolve 1 tsp of baking soda in 1 liter of water and bring to a boil. Dive every bun for 30 seconds in the soda water. Remove with a skimmer and let drain. Place on a baking tray (lined with baking paper) and allow to rest for 30 minutes.

Pretzel buns after soda water bath

Heat the oven to 225°C and bake the rolls on the middle rail for 20 minutes.

Pretzel buns
Pretzel buns

No comments