Lemon Curd

Lemon Curd

I needed 3 attempts to find the perfect lemon curd recipe. I have tried this recipe three years ago, everything worked well, but I had not taken any pictures. And back then I thought that I used too many eggs. Therefore, I tried another 2 recipes. Unfortunately the result was not satisfactory. So I went back to the beginning and I prepared again the lemon curd after the first recipe. And, of course, everything was right: consistency and taste. This time I took also pictured so today I can present you the recipe for lemon curd.


You need:

2-3 lemons, bio
80 g sugar
2 eggs
3 egg yolks
80 g butter, room temperature


This is how we proceed:

Wash lemons and grate the zest. Juice the lemons.

Put lemon juice and zest, sugar, eggs and egg yolk into a pot with heavy base, mix and cook at low heat until the cream begins to thicken. This can least 10 minutes. Add the butter piece by piece and stir until the crème becomes thick. Let cool down.

Lemon Curd in the making

That was all. As you can see it is an easy recipe ... and yet I needed several attempts to find the perfect lemon curd recipe for me.

Lemon Curd
Lemon Curd

Did you already prepare lemon curd? How do you serve it? I serve it with pancakes, as cream for cake or purely

No comments