Tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles

Tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles

It has been months since I last baked waffles. Every time I make some waffles I say I will make them more often. And every time the waffle iron remains unused for a few months. And this even though I still want to try so many recipes: on my list are pizza waffles and Belgian waffles with warm cherries. Today, however, I have a recipe of tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles. These I baked recently and they taste so delicious. They are perfect for breakfast.


You need:

275 g wheat flour
125 g spelled flour
2 eggs
½ tsp salt
5 tbsp oil
15 g fresh yeast
125 ml of water, lukewarm
10 dried tomatoes
125 g mozzarella
2 spring onions
a handful of basil leaves


This is how we proceed:

Sieve both flours in a bowl. Add eggs, salt and oil (I used the one from the dried tomatoes). Dissolve the yeast in 125 ml lukewarm water and pour in the bowl. Mix well until a sticky dough is formed. Leave it rest in a warm place for 1 hour.

Tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles dough
Dice tomato and mozzarella. Cut spring rolls. Chop basil leaves. Fold in all ingredients under the dough. 

Tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles dough

Heat up the waffle, brush with some oil and bake the waffles for a few minutes until golden brown. Place on plates and serve.

Tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles
Tomato-mozzarella-basil waffles

No comments