Olive cake

Olive cake

A few weeks ago I finally baked this olive cake. I wanted to bake this cake so many times, I think it was on my to-do list for at least 2 years. I eat this olive cake quite often...because it is a constant companion at all our parties. If we celebrate a birthday or are only grilling...the olive cake is always served. Until now my girlfriends baked it, but last week I baked it myself. I have the recipe from my friend Geta...she insisted that I mention this...just kidding 😊.


You need:

4 eggs
50 ml olive oil
2-3 EL sour cream
200 g spelled full grain flour
1 tsp backing powder
250 g cheese
100-150 g olives


Ingredients olive cake

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes

This is how we proceed:

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Add eggs in a bowl and beat for 5 minutes. Add olive oil and sour cream and continue mixing. Add flour and baking powder and stir again. You will now have a very sticky dough. Add cheese (I took mozzarella for pizza) and fold in. Add sliced ​​olives and fold in.

Olive cake dough

Line a loaf pan with baking paper and spread the dough in it. Bake for 30 minutes. After the 30 minute decrease temperature to 160 and bake another 15 minutes.

Olive cake before the baking

Let the olive cake cool down and then serve. You can serve it as it is or with guacamole.

Olive cake
Olive cake

No comments