Frozen yogurt

Frozen yogurt

Hello my dears! Do you know Frozen Yogurt? I must confess that I have just recently decided to try it. And I'm totally excited about it. So I have searched for a recipe so I can make it myself at home.

But what is actually Frozen Yogurt? It is dessert related to the ice cream, which is mainly made of yogurt and milk. Because yogurt is used instead of cream, the fat content is usually lower than the one of regular ice. Frozen Yogurt is therefore often considered a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream.

Here is the recipe if you're curious. The great thing about this recipe is that you do not need a ice cream maker to prepare the Frozen Yogurt.


Ingredients:

500 g yoghurt
1 packet of vanilla sugar or 2 tbsp vanilla extract
Honey or powdered sugar

ingredients

Preparation:

Add the yogurt in a bowl and stir with a whisk or a hand blender until it is creamy.

While stirring, add gradually the sugar or honey. The amount depends on your taste. You can choose between 50 - 100g sugar. Personally, I have added 3 tablespoons of honey


At the end add the vanilla sugar/ extract and stir. Cover the bowl and give it in the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until the whole mass is frozen.


And now the "hard" part: you should stir the yogurt cream every 10-15 minutes, so that no ice crystals form.

Frozen yogurt can be served pure or with various toppings.

Frozen yogurt
Frozen yogurt
Frozen yogurt

No comments