Vanilla extract

Vanilla extract

Hello my dear readers! This week, I 'm pretty much in stress; therefore today I have a very simple recipe for you. Today I show you how to make vanilla extract. It is quick, easy and much better than the bought one. The only disadvantage ... you have to wait at least a month until you can use the extract.

Vanilla extract is used in many American recipes. Until now I have replaced the essence with homemade vanilla sugar or I didn’t used it but then I decided to make the vanilla extract myself.

You need:


200 ml of vodka
2 vanilla beans
1 clean bottle




ingredients




This is what you need to do:

Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise to and put it into a bottle. Add the vodka so that the vanilla beans are completely covered. Close the bottle. The first week you need to shake the bottle once a day, and then keep it in a dark place.


After the first week the color of the extract will change but that's normal. After 4 to 6 weeks you can use the extract.


Vanilla extract

Do you use vanilla extract? Bought or homemade?

No comments