Eggplant with feta, tomato and onion

Eggplant with feta, tomato and onion

I love the summer and I love the heat. I really don’t mind when it is hot outside. To refresh myself I eat salads, drink a lot of lemonade and I eat ice. But now and then I want something else. So even if it's hot outside, I cook from time to time. But I do this always in the evening when it is cooler. And it must go fast. Just as at today's recipe: eggplant with feta, tomatoes and onion.


You need:


2 eggplants
oil
1 red onion
200 g feta
110 cherry tomatoes
fresh thyme
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper


This is how we proceed:


Preheat the oven to 250°C.

Wash eggplants, dry and cut into slices. In a (griddle)pan heat some vegetable oil and grill eggplant slices on both sides. Drain the excess oil (place the eggplant slices on a plate covered with kitchen paper).


Peel onion and cut into rings. Cut feta into pieces. Wash and halve the tomatoes.

Give aubergine slices in a baking dish. Distribute tomatoes, feta and onion between the eggplants rows. Garnish with thyme. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil

Eggplant with feta, tomato and onion before baking

Bake for 15 minutes in the oven on the top rack. After that our dish can be served.

Eggplant with feta, tomato and onion
Eggplant with feta, tomato and onion

Bon appetit!

No comments