Rosemary oil & salt

Rosemary oil & salt

From one day to the next my rosemary bush has started to wilt. Well, maybe I am also to blame... I have knocked it accidentally and it has fallen from the table. Whether I am to blame for his death, is no longer important...the important thing is that I had a lot of dried rosemary. What should I do with it…I do not cook every day and I did not want to throw it away. When I've made a salad one day and used the basil-olive oil for the dressing I had the idea: I make rosemary oil. And why not also rosemary salt. Said and done.

The whole is so simple. And the great thing is that you can give the homemade rosemary oil as a gift. Filled in a nice bottle you have a nice Christmas gift.


You need:

For the rosemary chili oil

2-3 rosemary sprigs
3-4 dried chilies
250 ml olive oil


For the rosemary salt


1 rosemary sprig
sea salt

Preparation time: 15 minutes + 21 days to infuse

This is how we proceed:

For the rosemary-chili oil wash and dry rosemary. Give rosemary and chili into a sterilized bottle and fill the bottle with the olive oil. Seal and let to infuse for 2-3 weeks.


Rosemary oil & salt

For the rosemary salt wash the rosemary and dry. Chop finely the needles and give together with the salt in a bowl. Mix well and pour into a clean container.

Rosemary oil & salt

This is all you need to do. And as I said... it is a nice gift. Do you also like to gift homemade stuff?

No comments