Cinnamon cookies

Cinnamon cookies

Many of my fellow blog colleagues have already begun some weeks ago to post Christmas recipes. And although I have already baked some Christmas cookie, I did not want to start posting them in November. Now the first week of December has passed and now I can open the Christmas bakery officially.

I wanted to start with a classic recipe, but I had time only yesterday to bake the cinnamon cookies. Even if I planed to bake them earlier. But it does not matter, I am used that not everything goes according to the plan. I baked the cinnamon cookies and I can start, as planned with a classic recipe.

This is how we proceed:

250 g icing sugar
3 egg whites
1 pinch of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
350 g ground almonds

This is how we proceed:

Sieve 250g icing sugar. Beat the 3 egg whites together with a pinch of salt until stiff. When the meringue is semisolid add icing sugar gradually. Set aside 6-8 tablespoons beaten egg whites.

Mix cinnamon and almonds, fold in until you get a sticky dough. Wrap in cling film and give for one hour in the refrigerator.

Cinnamon cookies dough

Preheat oven to 150 ° C.

Place dough between two sheets of cling film and roll ½ cm thick and cut out stars. Place the cookies on a with baking paper lined baking sheets. Proceed the same with the remaining dough.

Brush the cookies with the remaining meringue.

Brush the cookies with meringue

Bake for 12-15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let cool. Keep the cookies in a cookie jar.


Cinnamon cookies
Cinnamon cookies




When do you start to bake the Christmas cookies?

No comments