Turkish flatbread

Turkish flatbread

Every now and then I bake bread. And this although I don’t eat so much bread respectively I am very satisfied with the quality of the Austrian bread. This time I baked a Turkish flatbread. I had such gusto but I forgot to buy one. Since I had all the ingredients, I got down to work. And behold...I succeed.

You need:

500 g wheat flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
½ fresh yeast
360 ml water
sesame

Preparation time: 40 Minutes
Resting time: 1:30 – 2:30 hours
Baking time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 2 big flatbreads


This is how we proceed:


Place the flour in a large bowl. Add salt, sugar, olive oil, crumbled yeast and the lukewarm water. Knead with dough hook mixer knead until the dough comes off the bowl rim. Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours.

Turkish flatbread dough


Place the dough on a floured surface and divided into portions (I decided to bake 1 big and 2 small breads) and shape into flat bread.

Shaping turkish flatbread

Place flatbreads on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Pierce bread with a fork to make a diamond pattern. Brush bread with some water and push your wet fingertips in the dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

Turkish flatbread before baking

Preheat oven to 200-225°C and bake the flatbread for about 25 minutes on the middle rack.

Turkish flatbread
Turkish flatbread

No comments