Apple-carrot-cake

Apple-carrot-cake

This apple-carrot-cake is waiting since 2014 to see the light of the day. Looking for suitable recipes for Easter in my folder I discovered this recipe. And when I read it, I saw that it is even vegan. I can remember that the cake tasted very good and I wanted to bake it often. I will certainly bake it again this year. If you are searching for an Easter cake, here is the recipe. If you want to bake the classic carrot cake, than click here.


You need:

5-6 carrots
3 apples
300 g wheat flour
180 ml olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
5 tbsp maple syrup
juice from ½ grapefruit

Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour


This is how we proceed:

Wash and grate carrots and apples.

Sieve flour in a large bowl then add olive oil, maple syrup, baking soda, juice from ½ grapefruit and cinnamon and stir everything well. Add apples and carrots and fold in.

Apple-carrot-cake batter

Line a baking pan with parchment paper and brush the edges with olive oil. Pour dough into the mold. Bake at 170 degrees for 1 hour (or until it passes the toothpick test).

Apple-carrot-cake before the baking

Allow to cool down and serve.

Apple-carrot-cake
Apple-carrot-cake

No comments