Banana-bread

Banana-bread


It seems that I never learn it. What I'm talking about? I bought again too many bananas and they got too ripe to eat. Actually I like the bananas when they are raw. If they are ripe then I cannot eat them. The last time I had ripe bananas I made banana milk. Now I had again a few at home, so I had to make something with them. And so I remembered that I've been dying to bake banana bread. So this is what I made.

You need:

125 g butter at room temperature
80 g brown sugar
2 eggs
180 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
50 g ground walnuts
1 pinch of salt
/ 3 ripe bananas
125 g sour cream


This is how we proceed:


Preheat oven to 180°C. In a mixing bowl beat butter with sugar for 5 minutes until creamy. Gradually add the eggs and stir.


Mash bananas with a fork.

 Mash bananas with a fork.

In a second bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add the grated nuts. Stir flour mixture into the egg-butter mixture. Add sour cream and bananas and mix all.

Banana-bread batter

Grease a loaf pan and fill in the dough. Bake for 45-55 minutes.

Banana-bread before baking

Let the cake cool down and cut into slices. It tastes super both hot and cold.

Banana-bread
Banana-bread

I have to say: this banana bread tastes heavenly. So I know what I'll do the next time with ripe bananas. Maybe it's not so bad if I do not learn to buy fewer bananas...so I can always try new recipes, where they are used as an ingredient.

No comments