Granola

Granola


During the week my breakfast usually consists of overnight oats or a yogurt. But that can get boring in the long run. Therefore, I usually enrich the yogurt with honey, nuts or cereals. Unfortunately, the bought cereals contain so much sugar that there are not as healthy as we think. When I finished my cereals, I made my own ones instead of buying them. With oatmeal, various nuts and goji berries. All ingredients I had in the house. And immediately try with yogurt...my homemade granola is awesome...I will now no longer buy cereals. Since I didn’t use honey this granola recipe is also suitable for vegans.


Granola


You need:


3 cups (300 g) oats
1 cup (150 g) nuts (almonds, chestnuts, walnuts)
1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup
¼ cups ( 50 ml) olive oil
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
goji berries


    Ingredients for granola


    This is how we proceed:


    Preheat oven at 180°C/ 356°F.

    Give oatmeal, nuts, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Add maple syrup and oil and stir well until the oats are well coated. Be careful not to have to big clumps.



    Line a tray with baking paper and spread the granola.

    Bake for 20-25 minutes. Be careful not to burn the granola, it should be just crispy. Granola hardens only after cooling.

    Granola before the baking

    Allow to cool completely, the add goji berries, mix again and then keep them in a jar. Store in a cool and dark place.


    Granola
    Granola

    Instead of maple syrup you can also take honey. Instead of goji berries you can use raisins or other dried fruit. And one can add also different seeds (sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds).

    No comments