Rhubarb tart

Rhubarb tart

I wanted to bake this tart the first time 2 years ago Then again last year. But the rhubarb season is so short and somehow I didn’t make it. When I saw this year the rhubarb, I immediately bought the ingredients for the tart. As you can see, I'm working again with purchased short pastry. I cannot prepare the short pastry. One has to admit when he cannot do something...this is my case…and this although I have tried many recipes. I'm glad that I can buy it (though I not a fan of finished products). For the filling: it tastes much like ricotta. If you are not a fan of this cheese, then you can use quark or cream cheese...I would use the cream cheese. I'm glad that I baked the rhubarb tart ...because it tastes really very good (had expected nothing less).

You need:

1 package short pastry
200 g Ricotta cheese
200 g Mascarpone
50 g sour cream
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 egg

5-6 rods rhubarb
5 g sugar
100 ml white wine
1 star anise

This is how we proceed:

Roll out short pastry, place in a greased tin, press down and remove the overhanging edges. Stab with a fork, cover with baking paper, spread rice or beans and bake for 10 minutes.

crust for rhubarb tart

For the cream give ricotta, mascarpone, sour cream, sugar, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl and stir for 2-3 minutes until creamy.

Cream for rhubarb tart

Wash, peel & and cut rhubarb in same size pieces. Place it in a pan with the sugar, wine and star anise. Heat until it boils, then reduce the heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes. The rhubarb should be tender but still holding its shape. Fill the pastry shell with the cream then arrange the rhubarb pieces over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.

Rhubarb tart in the making

Let cool completely and serve.

Rhubarb tart
Rhubarb tart

No comments