Carrot cake

Carrot cake

Hello you! Today I have again a cake for you, namely carrot cake. I think this cake fits for Easter.

I baked this cake for the first time 3 or 4 year ago. At first I was very skeptical, I could not imagine that a cake could taste good with carrots. After much back and forth I decided to risk and give it a try. And I really liked the taste of it. I shared the cake with my work colleagues. But I did not tell them what the main ingredient was. I told them this only after they eaten the cake (and that went pretty fast. Everyone was pleasantly surprised. Since then I have baked this cake several times.

Carrot cake


Ingredients:


For the dough:
For the icing:
For the carrots:
4 carrots (~ 300 g)
400 g cream cheese
marzipan
300 g flour
100-200 powder sugar
food coloring
150 g sugar


50 g brown sugar


150 ml oil


4 eggs


100 g walnuts


1 tsp baking powder


1 tsp baking soda


1 tsp cinnamon


1 pinch of salt


1 pinch of nutmeg




Procedure: 

Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.

Wash carrots, peel and finely grate. Mix them with the brown sugar and let them rest for 30 minutes.


Mix the eggs with 150g sugar until fluffy.


Add the oil and stir.

Mix flour with cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda and add to the dough. Mix well.


Add the grated carrots and fold in with a wooden spoon.


Chop walnuts and fold in.


Pour dough into 2 with baking paper covered (or greased with butter) forms. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the toothpick test was passed.

Carrot cake before baking

In the meantime, the glaze is prepared. Mix the cream cheese with sugar powder.

For the carrots mix the marzipan with the food colouring. From the resulting orange mass shape the carrots.


Take the cake from the oven and let to cool.

Brush the bottom base with half the glaze, add the other on it and decorate with the rest of the glaze the whole cake. Decorate with the marzipan carrots.


Carrot cake
Carrot cake

I want to wish you Happy Easter!

No comments