iSi Inspiring Dinner & Workshop

iSi Inspiring Dinner & Workshop
Urheber: iSi

Some time ago I received an invitation from iSi and I muss confess that I had google: the name was very familiar to me so I had an idea what this could be, but I had to reassure myself. So I google and I was right: the invitation really came from iSi Inspiring food, the manufacturer of the Easy Whip


I have already seen the device in different stores, but I always passed by it. I have always asked myself: why do I need a special device to spray cream. For that I can use a piping bag.
Copyright: iSi
So I accepted the invitation. I finally wanted to know why you have to have a device like this. And above all I wanted to know what the device can do. Armed with my curiosity, I went on 18/09/2013 to iSi Inspiring Dinner & Workshop - a special event for us food bloggers.

Copyright: iSi
After a brief introduction over a glass of champagne, we started with the cooking. Together with Christoph Moser, the culinary ambassador of iSi Global, we have prepared the following dishes:

Copyright iSi


Mango-Curry-Soup

Mango-Curry-Soup

Rice noodles with shrimp and coconut-chili foam

Rice noodles with shrimp and coconut-chili foam

Pan fried meat with truffle potato foam and vegetables

Pan fried meat with truffle potato foam and vegetables

Curd cheese pancakes with apricots and vanilla foam

Curd cheese pancakes with apricots and vanilla foam

I must confess: everything tasted so good. There was not a dish that I have not eaten. And that does not happen often. In the invitation we were asked if we have a special meal request, if there is something we do not like or tolerate.

Copyright: iSi
As a conclusion I can say that it was a great evening where we learned a lot about the iSi system, but also about Thermomix or Sous Vide. As a small gift we received a Gourmet Whip, the all-rounder for the kitchen. We also received a cookbook with many delicious recipes to prepare loose espumas, finger food, hot and cold sauces, creamy soups or desserts to cook at home. Yes, all of that can do the Gourmet Whip.


Until today I did not use the Gourmet Whip, but that will change. And then I'll also show you the result. But do you really need such a device? The answer is no. But what do we actually need? I'm glad I own now the Gourmet Whip because I found out at the workshop that you can do so many things with it. And I don’t say this only because I received it as a gift. I would have bought it too. Some of my food blogger colleagues had the device and they were very found of it. And I really think it's a help, especially when you are cooking for several people or you do not want to serve the meal right away. The Gourmet Whip I would buy but the Easy Whip not. I still think that I do not need it and that I can use a simple piping bag. Even if you can keep the cream in Easy Whip for 10 days and you always have fresh cream.

Have you ever heard of iSi? Do you have any product from iSi? How do you like it?

No comments