Tarte flambée with onions, pears and gorgonzola

Tarte flambée with onions, pears and gorgonzola


I wanted to bake a tarte flambée for some time now, but I did not have time until last weekend. Every time I wanted to bake one, something else came up...either I changed my cooking plans, or I had purchased something else, that had to be cooked immediately. And so the time passed by. But last weekend it finally happened...I bought the necessary ingredients in time and nothing else could make me change my mind. So I finally cooked the tarte. And I do not regret it...the variant I’ve chosen tastes so great that I even took one slice with me to eat at lunch at work (in 99% of cases I eat at the canteen).

You need:


For the dough:
For the topping:
250 g wheat flour
125 g Gorgonzola cheese
60 g butter
1 big red onion
½ cube (21g) fresh yeast
1 pear
125 ml lukewarm water
125 g crème fraîche
½ tsp sugar
1 egg
½ tsp salt
salt

pepper


This is how we proceed:


Melt the butter over low heat and then put it aside.

Put flour into a bowl, make a hole, crumble the yeast and mix with the water and sugar. Cover the bowl and put it aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.




Add salt and butter and knead thoroughly. Cover and let rise in a warm place for another 45 minutes.

Tarte flambée dough


Preheat oven at 220°C. Knead the dough, cut in half and roll out each piece on a baking paper into large, thin flat cakes. Place the paper on a baking tin.
Mix the crème fraîche with the egg, salt and pepper and brush the cakes with it. Peel, halve and cut onion into thin strips. Halve the pear, remove the core and cut into strips. Garnish tarte with onion and pear slices. Crumble Gorgonzola and spread it on the tarte.

Tarte flambée with onions, pears and gorgonzola before baking


Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes. Cut tarte into pieces and serve.


Tarte flambée with onions, pears and gorgonzola
Tarte flambée with onions, pears and gorgonzola

No comments