Cucumber spritzer made from homemade cucumber syrup

Cucumber spritzer made from homemade cucumber syrup


Andra from http://xpriment.com/ organized at the beginning of June the Vienna bloggers meeting. I registered at the event at the very last minute. I met old and new bloggers and I spent a beautiful evening with good food and good drinks. The meeting took place in the Lokal Pergola where I drank for the first time a cucumber spritzer. I liked the taste of it so much that I began ordering it also in other bars. Unfortunately, none have tasted like the one in Pergola. So I took the decision to make cucumber syrup, so I can mix my own cucumber spritzer.



For the cucumber syrup you need:


150 g organic cucumber
100 g sugar
150 ml water


And this is how you proceed:


Wash the cucumber and grate it.




Add sugar and water in a saucepan and boil until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove the pot from the heat and add the cucumber. Stir once, cover the pot and let it stand for one hour. Then fill through a sieve into a sterilized bottle. The shelf life is approximately 1 week and you should keep the syrup in the refrigerator.

cucumber syrup


For 1 glass cucumber spritzer you need:


30 ml cucumber syrup
100 ml white wine
100 ml mineral water, carbonated
2-3 slices of cucumber


And this is how you proceed:


Give white wine, mineral water and cucumber syrup into a wine glass and stir once. Add cucumber slices and you can already enjoy the cucumber spritzer. If you like, you can also add ice cubes and mint.



Cucumber spritzer
Cucumber spritzer


For me, the cucumber spritzer is one of summer drinks.

No comments