Elderflower syrup

Elderflower syrup


Exactly a week ago I picked some elderflower, because I wanted to make elderflower syrup by myself. Well...that's easier said than done. There are so many different recipes on the internet and the choice is not that simple. After reading a lot of different recipes I have decided to try out Nina's recipe. So on Sunday evening I began to prepare the syrup. As you can imagine I've also changed this recipe a little. I was not sure if I will really get a syrup, but it worked. And now it's time to share the recipe with you.


You need:


15 elderflower
750 ml water
1-2 organic lemons
600 g sugar




This is how you proceed:


Bring the water to a boil. Grate the rind of the lemons with a sharp knife or a peeler. When the water boils, take the pot off the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes, then add lemon zest and allow cooling to room temperature.

Clean elderflower thoroughly, remove dried flowers and the long stems. You should not wash the flowers, but you can swing them in cold water. Add the elderflower in the pot. Squeeze lemon(s) and add the juice. Cover the pot and give for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Stir daily.



Strain into a clean bowl and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and boil for another 10 minutes. Stir from time to time, so that the sugar dissolves completely. Remove pot from the heat and fill into sterilized bottles. I put the bottles always on a knife so that they don’t break.



Elderflower syrup
Elderflower syrup
Have you ever made ​​elderflower syrup?

No comments