Red pepper cream soup



Unfortunately, the weather was not very nice this weekend: it was very gray and it also rained. The weather made ​​me change my weekend plans as I was not able to spend the day out. So I read much but I also cooked a lot. I wanted to try out a few recipes and now I finally had the tie to do so. For example I wanted to cook this red pepper cream soup since spring, but I did not had the occasion. I was quite curious how it would taste. For me personally, it tasted very good, in my opinion it has a sweet taste. Here is the recipe if you want to try it also.

For 2 servings you need:


4 red pointed peppers
2 carrots
1 onion
250 ml water
salt
pepper
150 g yogurt


This is how you proceed:



  1. Preheat oven at 200°C degrees. Wash, dry and place the peppers on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for 50 minutes, turning the peppers from time to time. After the 50 minutes the skin should be slightly black and the peppers soft. Remove from the oven, place in a bowl, cover with a plate and let them cool for 20 minutes.
  2. In the meantime, wash, peel and cut carrots into big pieces. Also peel and cut into big pieces the onion. Give into a saucepan together with 250 ml water and boil for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper.
  3. Peel the peppers, remove stem and seeds. Put pepper pulp into a blender. Add the carrots, the onion and half of the water in the blender and blend everything well. Add yogurt and puree everything again. If the soup is too thick, you can add a little more water from the vegetables.

Pour soup in soup plate, garnish with a little yogurt and serve with croutons.


   

No comments