Apple roses

Apple roses


I know that the internet is full with this recipe. Actually, I did not want to post the recipe of the apple roses, but I really like this idea so I decided to share it with you. Perhaps there is still someone who doesn’t know the recipe. I find it simply amazing that you can create such a beautiful dessert with 2-3 ingredients.


You need:


2 apples
1 pack puff pastry
a bit of jam or sugar-cinnamon mixture
powder sugar
lemon juice


This is how you proceed:


Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.

Wash apples, remove core, cut in half and slice as thin as you can. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In a pot bring some water to a boil, add apple slices and cook for 5 minutes. They become soft and you can form easier to roses. I tried to form an apple rose with slices that I did not cook, but I did not manage.




Roll out puff pastry and cut into 6 equal-sized strips. Spread with some jam or sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon mixture on top. I used both jam and sugar-cinnamon mixture and I liked both.




Place the apples on the dough (as showed in the picture).




Fold up the bottom part of the dough and carefully roll from left to right and put in a muffin paper form.




Place the apple roses in a muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack. In most of the recipes it is stated that at the beginning the roses should be covered with aluminum foil so they do not burn, but I must confess that I didn’t use the foil. But it also depends on the oven.

Apple roses before baking


Remove from the tin, sprinkle with powder sugar and enjoy.


Apple roses
Apple roses


Did you know the recipe? Did you already bake the apple roses?

No comments