Cherry jam

Cherry Jam

I'm not a fan of jam...to be honest I eat jam very, very rarely. It's just too sweet for me. My grandma is always offended that I never want to try her homemade jam and that I never want to take some with me. She does not understand that I do not eat jam. Nevertheless, I now made a glass of cherry jam. How did this happen? It's simple...I had bought again too many cherries. I wanted to make cherry clafoutis, but I did not have the time. And before the cherries get bad and rotten I decided to make jam from them. I will use it as a filling for pancakes or croissants.

We need:


500 g cherries (pulp)
2 stalks of mint
3 tbsp cherry liqueur (optional)

* from the stated amounts, you will get 500 g jam


This is how we proceed:

Wash cherries remove the stems and pit

Puree 1/3 of the cherries, along with 70 g jam sugar and 1 stalk of mint (leaves only).



Halve remaining cherries and mix with the cherry puree, mint and the remaining jam sugar. Set aside for at least 1 hour.



Bring to a rolling boil (a boil that doesn’t stop bubbling when stirred), stirring frequently and continue cooking for about 10 minutes. Fill hot jam into prepared, sterilized jars and seal immediately. Put glasses on the lid and let them stand like this for 10 minutes. After that turn the jars back. After opening the jars keep in the refrigerator.


Cherry Jam
Cherry Jam

No comments