Beer soup

Beer soup

Approximately 2 years ago I have read the recipe for beer soup and wrote it down. And for 2 years I postponed the cooking of this recipe. Do not ask me why...maybe I was not so convinced by the recipe. Nevertheless, the curiosity was bigger and so I cooked the beer soup this weekend. It tastes good, but it is not my favorite soup. But I will cook it in the future from time to time


You need:

1 onion
1 garlioc clove
2-3 potatoes
1 carrot
150 g bacon
600 ml beef stock
200 ml beer
30 g grated cheese
nutmeg
salt
pepper

Preparation time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4


This is how we proceed:


  1. Peel onion, garlic, carrot and potatoes and cut into small cubes.
  2. Dice bacon. 
  3. Heat some oil in a pot, add bacon and vegetables and fry until the onions are golden brown. 
  4. Deglaze with beer and pour the soup. 
  5. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. 
  6. Add cheese and cook again cook for 5 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted. 
  7. Remove from heat and puree soup. 
  8. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Beer soup
Beer soup

No comments