Energy balls

Energy balls

Energy balls are also known under the following names: raw truffles, vegan chocolates or energy bites. To me it does not really matter how they are called...for me it is important that they taste good. And they taste very good!!! There internet is full of recipes for energy truffles. I've read several and then created my own recipe. And because I like to share my favorite recipes with you, here is my recipe for vegan energy balls.

You need:

150 g raw nuts (cashews, walnuts, peanuts)
40 g oatmeal
40 g coconut flakes
120 g pitted dates
40 ml of hot water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Zest of one lemon/
+ Cocoa, chopped pistachio or coconut flakes for coating

Preparation time: 30 minutes
Waiting time: 30 minutes 

This is how we proceed:

Place nuts, oatmeal and coconut flakes in a food processor, and process until finely ground.

process nuts, oatmeal and coconut flakes

Then add dates, the water, the maple syrup and the lemon zest and mix everything again until you get a mixture that has a dough-like consistency. The mass must be sticky and malleable.

Energy balls in the making

Use a spoon or melon-scoop to shape the energy. Roll them in coconut flakes, cacao or chopped pistachios and place on a plate.

shaping energy balls

Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, then serve!

Energy balls
Energy balls

No comments