Valentine's day menu



Soon is Valentine’s Day. And once again I prepared a last minute post for this occasion. As you know, I'm not a fan of this day, but as every year, I give you tips and gift ideas for surprising your loved one. Last year I showed you an idea for a hearted breakfast, 2 years ago I showed you a recipe for homemade chocolates and 3 years ago I prepared red velvet cupcakes. This year I thought that I show you an idea for a menu with which you can surprise your partner. The whole menu contains ingredients, which are said to have an aphrodisiac effect.

As a starter I selected goat cheese with pomegranate. The pomegranate is considered to be a symbol of fertility. It also said that the pomegranate contains herbal sexual hormones – and it is said that they copy the real hormones. Is this true? Who knows.


goat cheese with pomegranate


We continue with the main course: marinated prawns. Prawns have a high content of minerals and trace elements - which activate enzymes that are responsible for the creation of testosterone. Moreover prawns have an increased iodine content...it is said that iodine increases the libido. The recipe also contains chili and pepper...spices which affect the circulation of the body. When preparing this recipe you should omit the garlic, even if it is healthy 😀.

Marinated prawns


And the highlight of the dinner: Mousse au Chocolate. We all know that dark chocolate increases sense of pleasure.


Mousse au Chocolate


And as a drink I recommend the pomegranate-prosecco-cocktail. Yes, again pomegranate. We want to be sure.


pomegranate-prosecco-cocktail


Are these ingredients real aphrodisiacs and increase the feeling of pleasure? This should each decide for them. I do not believe this. However, your partner will surely enjoy a dinner for two. And it does not matter if it is cooked by you or if you go out at a nice restaurant. I wish you a happy Valentine's day!

No comments