Vanilla crescents

Vanilla crescents


I finally start publishing Christmas recipes. I know it's a bit late, but I do not to bake beginning form the middle of November Christmas cookies. Even though I start a little later, I have enough time to show you 2-3 Christmas recipes and 1-2 gift ideas. Without any stress. I start with a classic Christmas cookie recipe - vanilla crescent. There are a lot of recipes for vanilla crescents...I chose the variant without egg. The dough was a bit too crumbly so I will surely try other recipes out. But even if the dough was crumbly, you can mold it with some patience to delicious crescents.


You need:

560 g flour
160 g sugar
200 g almonds, grounded
400 g cold butter
100 g icing sugar



This is how we proceed:


Knead flour, sugar, almonds and butter (cut into small pieces)  into a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and cool for 1 hour. Then shape into crescents and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.

Vanilla crescents dough

Preheat oven to 175°C. On the second rail, bake the vanilla crescents for about 10-12 minutes.

Shapeing vanilla crescents

Mix 100 g icing sugar with 40 g vanilla sugar and cover warm crescents with vanilla icing sugar. Allow to cool.

Vanilla crescents
Vanilla-crescents

When do you start baking Christmas biscuits?

No comments