Apple sauce

Apple sauce


There are dishes that are not photogenic. No matter how much I try, they do not look beautiful in pictures. For example this apple sauce - I knew how I wanted to photograph it...but I do not really like the result. I have even looked for inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram...but I wasn’t lucky. I could have taken apples as props...but my apples were twice as big as the glasses. But it does not matter...you must believe me when I tell you that the apple sauce tastes delicious.


Apple sauce


Do you want to know the story behind this recipe? I wanted to make granola again, but this time Christmas-flavored - with apples and cinnamon. For this I needed apple sauce. And since I had a lot of apples at home (but please do not ask why - this is a long story) I decided to make the apple sauce myself. It goes fast, you can cook as much as you need and you know what’s inside. Ok, now that you know why I prepared the apple sauce I will not deprive you of the recipe any longer.


You need:

500 g apples
40 ml water
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp sugar

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
You get: 400 g


This is how we proceed:

  1. In a saucepan, bring water, sugar and cinnamon stick to a boil.
  2. In the meantime wash apples, peel and remove the core. Halve or quarters and cut into small pieces. Add the apple pieces in the pan and simmer for 20 minutes at low temperature. Remove the cinnamon stick and puree the apples.
  3. Fill into sterilized glasses, close and allow cooling. Keep in the refrigerator.


Apple sauce

No comments