Cinnamon rolls

Cinnamon rolls

2 weeks ago a dear school friend, her husband and their two children have visited me. So there was finally a reason to cook every day. We had lasagna and chicken from the oven (recipe follows). For dessert I made coconut rice pudding with mango. But that was not enough for me. I also wanted a winter dessert. But for cookies it was then a little too early. So I’ve decided to make cinnamon rolls.

I searched in my cookbooks but also on the internet for the perfect recipe. On the shortlist were a recipe from one of my cookbooks and a recipe from Jürgen. Since Jürgen’s photos looked much better than those in the book, I decided to try his recipe.


Cinnamon rolls


On his blog goldschwarz.at (later edit: blog doesn't exist anymore) Jürgen also gives a few tips for making the cinnamon rolls. I did not respect his tips ... maybe this is also the reason why his cinnamon rolls look much better than mine. Although also mine look good. Or do you disagree?


You need:


For the dough:
For the filling:
For the glaze:
500 g flour
40 g melted butter
1 tbsp milk
250 ml milk (room temperature)
10 tbsp brown sugar
3-4 tbsp powdered sugar
100 g melted Butter
1 tbsp cinnamon

1 cube of fresh yeast (42g)


2 tbsp powdered sugar


1 pinch of salt






Cinnamon rolls ingredients



How do we proceed?


Crumble the yeast in a large bowl. Add the milk and the melted butter and stir with a fork. Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar and a pinch of salt.




Sift the flour into the bowl and knead with your hands until you get a smooth dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for one hour in a warm place.


dough


Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a rectangle. Coat the dough with the melted butter. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the butter. Roll up dough and cut into 2-3 cm thick slices. Align on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press the slices flat, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for another 60 minutes.




Preheat oven to 190°C degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.

Mix milk with powdered sugar. When the cinnamon rolls have cooled, brush with the glaze. Now the cinnamon rolls can be served.



Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls


I hope you like the recipe. The cinnamon rolls taste very well. Nevertheless, I will also try the 2nd recipe. Let's see which look and taste better.

 
Cinnamon rolls

No comments