Beef soup - Romanian style



Hello my dear readers! As you can see, summer is finally over. I'm not a fan of cold weather, but I have to admit that there are also some advantages: you can finally bake and cook without turning the whole kitchen into a sauna. And I can finally make and eat soups. Last weekend I cooked a soup after a long time and today I present to you here is the recipe.

You need:


600 g (lean) beef meat
2 carrots
1 small celery
1 small parsley root
2 big potatoes (or 4-5 small ones)
1 onion
150 g tomato paste
1 handful of green beans
2 bell peppers
salt
pepper



ingredients


How do you proceed:


Wash the meat and put in a pot with 3 l of cold salted water. Bring it to a boil.


Skim the rising foam constantly, until no more foam forms.


In the meantime, wash the vegetables, peel and dice.

When the meat is half cooked, take it out, let it cool and cut it into bite size cubes. Throw away the water.


Place the meat in a pot and add 3 l of salted water and bring to a boil.

Add the carrots, celery, parsley, onion, peppers and beans and simmer over medium heat.


When the vegetables are almost done, add the potato and the tomato paste, stir well and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.


When the soup is ready, season with salt and pepper.

The soup can be served with sour cream or crème fraîche.


Beef soup - Romanian style
Beef soup - Romanian style



I did not indicate to you any cooking times, because it depends on the meat for how long it has to cook. Personally, it took me 1 hour until the soup was ready, but it may be that the meat has to cook for 2 hours.

I hope you will try this recipe and I wait for your opinions.

No comments