I attended a cooking cours


3 months ago a couple of food bloggers received an invitation to attend one of the cooking courses offered by ichkoche.at. It was pretty hard for me to opt just for one course. I was not sure what to choose: "Summer Desserts" or "Easy Cooking in summer". But then I decided to go for “Easy Cooking in summer".

 
Two months later, on 12/ 08 at 18 clock together with 13 other participants I attended the course.


Now you wander why a food blogger attends a cooking class. There are several reasons:

  1. Curiosity: I've never attended a cooking class and was pretty curious to see what you can learn at a cooking course and if it is worth do attend one.
  2. Even though I have a blog, it does not mean that I cannot learn anything new. Everything I know I have taught myself - there was no one from whom I could learn. And you can always learn from a professional cook, right?
  3. Exciting new recipes, new variations...what more could you want?
 
And now I will tell you something about the course. We were greeted by our chef Aaron Walt. Then 7 dishes that we wanted to cook were introduced in detail.


We were divided into teams of two and we started.

 


You could also watch the others or even help or ask questions. The main points were then explained to all and all watched the cooking part. And we arrange the dishes also together.

We also cooked:

Tart with baked chanterelle, fresh goat cheese and fresh herbs

Tart with baked chanterelle, fresh goat cheese and fresh herbs

Roasted sirloin steak with avocado, feta cheese, nachos and salsa verde

Roasted sirloin steak with avocado, feta cheese, nachos and salsa verde

Plaice with cucumber-almond-olive-basil salad

Plaice with cucumber-almond-olive-basil salad

Penne with sun-dried tomatoes, anchovies, black olives, tarragon and cheese

Penne with sun-dried tomatoes, anchovies, black olives, tarragon and cheese

Chicken satay, couscous with vegetables and mint-yogurt dip

And the dessert: Brownie cheesecake with marinated summer berries
 
Brownie cheesecake with marinated summer berries

At the end we ate all that we cooked. I liked the most dishes that we cooked, but there were also a few that I didn’t like so much (for example, the fish ... but I do not like fish).

I attended a cooking cours
 
It was a great evening where I had fun and learned a few interesting things. Now you're wondering what that might be. Did you know that you should never use freshly pressed olive oil for frying? But how do you recognize freshly pressed olive oil? The answer is: by its spicy. Freshly pressed olive oil is much spicier. And did you know that beside olives you can also taste green bananas, grass and peppers in freshly pressed olive oil? I didn’t.

And did you know that vanillin is extracted from a constituent of wood and byproduct of the paper industry? I 'm glad that I only use homemade vanilla sugar for more than one year.

It was a lovely evening and I could imagine attending more cooking in the future. I also think that such a cooking class can be a great gift for hobby cooks.

No comments