Bavarian obatzter

Bavarian obatzter
 
The Oktoberfest in Munich respectively the Wiesn in Vienna started again. And with what do we associate this event? No, I'm not thinking of the posh girls in Dirndl and posh guys in leather pants. And I do not think at the beer and pretzels. I'm thinking of Obatzter.

Last year I've already shown you a variant of Obatzda, and this year I show you the Bavarian variant.


You need:


200 g Camembert
00 g butter, at room temperature
1 little red onion
1 tsp paprika powder, spicy
1 tsp paprika powder, sweet
2-3 tbsp beer
pepper
salt
½ tsp caraway seed



Ingredients for bavarian obatzter

This is how we proceed:

Peel and dice the onion.

Mash the Camembert with a fork. Add the butter and mix well. Add the onion and the spices and stir. At the end pour 2-3 tbsp bear to the cheese mixture, stir once again.

Bavarian obatzter in the making

Our spread can be served now:


Bavarian obatzter
Bavarian obatzter
Bavarian obatzter

Which variant tastes better I can not say. I find that both taste equally good. And which one do you like better?

No comments